RSI Exercise Program
Repetitive strain injury (RSI) is a progressive condition that can impair function and threaten your career. Repetitive motions resulting from computer use, coupled with activities such as texting and playing video games, can put you at risk of injuring your hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, back and neck. Recognizing early symptoms and taking immediate measures can prevent the development of chronic RSI.
This Repetitive Strain Injury program includes:
- Initial Office Visit with extensive exam and 2 re-evaluations
- Twenty-nine, one hour, one-on-one personal training sessions (meeting twice a week)
- Personalized program designed with your limitations in mind
- RSI specific corrective exercises
- Counseling and guidance on RSI
Signs and symptoms vary from person to person but the most common RSI signs and symptoms include:
- Mild ache or pain in the upper extremity muscles that goes away with rest
- Tingling sensation or numbness in the upper arm, forearm, hands and fingers
- Throbbing and/or burning sensation in the affected area
- You may develop weakness and start dropping things or have issues holding light objects
- Sensations vary from very light and diffuse to sharp or searing
I cannot stress enough how important it is to take care of this condition heads on and early. Do not fall into the “oh, it will go away” mode. You will regret it!
After servicing hundreds of people in Silicon Valley for over 20 years, Dr. Biner has recognized the need for the development of an organized, prevention based exercise program for RSI. It is with great excitement that we can now offer such an exercise program that addresses factors that influence this condition.
Why is our RSI program a good idea for those exposed to frequent use of computers and other technologies that require repetitive movements?
You are dealing with a condition that has taken years to develop and become active. Unfortunately for you, if you have been affected by it, you will need to manage this condition for the rest of your life. This program will give you a better chance to control your symptoms. It is a sensible approach that will increase body awareness, correct imbalances, help you understand what your body is going through and how to help support it for the rest of your career.
Like many conditions, there is no quick fix for RSI. It will take time and that is the reason why this program extends over a period of 16 weeks. Results will vary but at the end of this training period, you will have a complete understanding of the nature of the condition and you will know what it takes to manage it, remain active and functional. We strongly feel that the information and experience you will get from this program will change your life.
Feel free to contact us for more information or you may indicate your interest in scheduling a no-obligation free consultation with us by clicking the icon below.