Have you ever wondered how some men are prone to gaining adipose tissue in their chest? There is a reason for this — it’s called aromatization.
Aromatization is the process in which the hormone testosterone gets converted to estrogen. This is not a good thing for a man. If man boobs weren’t bad enough, high levels of estrogen in men can additionally cause:
- Decreased sex drive, sensitivity and performance
- Increased risk of prostate cancer with a certain type of excess estrogen 
- Decreased testosterone and free testosterone 
- Increased amount of SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin) – Concomitant with the fall in total testosterone is a rise in SHBG levels 
How does a man reverse this process?
- Don’t touch the hiney (Heineken) or any beer for that matter. Simply switch to red wine or the hard stuff.
- Take supplemental Zinc — Supplemental Zinc helps maintain or raise testosterone levels.
- Take supplemental DIM — Supplemental DIM stimulates estrogen metabolism
- Eat cruciferous vegetables — Cruciferous vegetables contain DIM
- Test your HCL levels (hydrochloric acid levels) and supplement if deficient — Adequate HCL levels break down cruciferous vegetables to absorb DIM
Why is beer estrogenic?
A study in PubMed states that hops have been shown to contain one of the most potent in vitro estrogenic substance known from the plant kingdom, (±)-8-prenylnaringenin. Like soy, men need to stay away from hops as well due to it’s estrogenic effects. Of course, beer in moderation can be fine for many people – just realize that if you have low testosterone, are in a state of aromatization, or have unwanted adipose tissue in the chest region – simply follow the steps above.
If you are reading this locally and wish to visit my personal training facility in Palo Alto, a BioSignautre analysis can be administered to help you in arresting or possibly reversing your aromatization problem.